Hi… Is your aim is to become an Chartered Accountant? Looking for details of the CA course? Searching for info on chartered accountancy eligibility, exams etc.? If your answers to these questions are yes, then you are on the right blog. Here in this post we are providing complete details of chartered accountancy course. Follow this blog to get all the required details.
Chartered Accountancy in short known as CA. CA is one of the best and highest paid profession in the country. This is a very promising and challenging career. Cracking CA exam is one of the toughest thing. One should have a deep knowledge and interest in order to become a chartered accountant. CA exam is one of the toughest exams in India. CA is one of the important role in private sectors. The companies pay very high salary to the candidate who have completed their CA course.
- What Is Chartered Accountancy?
- Chartered Accountancy Course Details
- Chartered Accountancy Exams
- CA Course Eligibility
- How To Become A Chartered Accountant?
- CA Course Papers
- CA Foundation Level Papers
- CA Intermediate Level Papers
- Group I
- CA Final Level Papers
- Chartered Accountant Salary and Career
- Job Areas for CA
What Is Chartered Accountancy?
Chartered Accountancy is one of the highest profession in the world. It is a course which covers subjects related to finance and taxation. The CA course is started by ICAI (Indian Chartered Accountants Institute). The CA Course is a 3 stage examination and the candidate should clear all 3 level examinations in order to become a CA. This is one of the challenging career. The course completion of CA is minimum 5 years. To complete CA course the candidate must have dedication. The exams related to the CA are regulated by ICAI.
Chartered Accountancy Course Details
Many students aim to become a CA professional, so to help the students here we are providing complete details of CA course, which helps the student to get a clear understanding of the Chartered Accountant profession.
Chartered Accountancy Exams
As in the earlier we have mentioned that CA is a 3 stage exam, here we are providing the details of the 3 level CA examinations. The 3 levels of CA exam are
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
- Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)
- Final Course (FC)
The candidate will become a professional CA when he/she completes the above mentioned three exams.
CA Course Eligibility
The minimum eligibility to purse CA course is the student should complete 10+2 of arts, science and commerce stream from any recognized board.
- The student of commerce stream should secure 50% marks in intermediate.
- Candidates of remaining all streams should score 55% marks excluding mathematics and should score 60% marks including mathematics.
However, the students can register for CA after class 10, but he/she should apply for CA only after completing intermediate course.
How To Become A Chartered Accountant?
- First to join in CA course the student should clear CPT(Common Proficiency Test). CPT is an entrance exam to pursue CA course. CPT exam is the 1st level of Chartered Accountancy course. The ICAI board conducts CPT exam every year in months of June and December. After clearing CPT exam the candidate should join in CA course. CPT is also known as the Foundation level of CA.
- After completing CPT or Foundation exam the student should register for IPCC course. IPCC is the 2nd level of CA course. To apply for IPCC course the student should score minimum 100 marks out of 200 marks in CPT exam.The student should undergo 8 months course program and attend for IPCC exam. The candidate must apply for IPCC exam before 9 months of the exam date.
- Once the candidate completes IPCC course, he/she should do article ship program. The candidate should work as an intern under a certified CA. The student should do this internship program for a period of 3 years.
- After completing article ship program the student can apply for final course. Final course is the last and 3rd level exam to become CA. The student should clear all the subjects of the Final course to become a certified CA.
So, after completing all these exam levels the candidate will be enrolled as a member of ICAI and will be certified as a CA professional.
CA Course Papers
Chartered Accountancy is a 3 level exam and each course structure varies from one another. The course papers are different for foundation, intermediate and final level. Find here details of papers of CA course.
CA Foundation Level Papers
This is the 1st level of the CA course and has 4 papers. The foundation level papers helps to clear CPT exam. Get here details of the 4 papers of foundation level course.
Paper 1: Principles and Practice of Accounting
Paper 2: Business Law And Business Correspondence And Reporting
Paper 3: Business Mathematics And Logical Reasoning And Statistics
Paper 4: Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge.
CA Intermediate Level Papers
Intermediate level is the 2nd stage of CA course. After completing all papers in foundation course the student should undergo IPCC course to complete intermediate level. There are 8 papers in intermediate group which are divided into 2 groups.
In group 1 there are 4 papers.
Paper 1 : Accounting
Paper 2: Corporate and Other Laws
Paper 3: Cost and Management Accounting
Paper 4: Taxation
In group II there are 4 papers
Paper 5 : Advanced Accounting
Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance
Paper 7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management
Paper 8: Financial management & Economics for Finance
CA Final Level Papers
Final level is the last stage for CA course. After completing this Final course the candidate will be registered as a member of ICAI and will be certified with profession chartered accountant. CA Final course has 2 groups and each group has 4 papers.
In group I there are 4 papers.
Paper 1 : Financial Reporting
Paper 2 : Strategic Financial Management
Paper 3 : Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
Paper 4: Corporate and Economic Laws
In group II there are 4 papers and one paper is elective paper and there are 6 papers to chose as elective paper
Paper 5: Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
Paper 6: Elective Paper (1 paper has to be chosen from list of 6 elective papers).
- 6A Risk Management
- 6B Financial Services & Capital Markets
- 6C International Taxation
- 6D Economic Laws
- 6E Global Financial Reporting Standards
- 6F Multi-disciplinary Case Study
Paper 7 : Direct Tax Laws & International Taxation
Paper 8 : Indirect Tax Laws
Chartered Accountant Salary and Career
As chartered accountant is one of the best profession the salary package is high. In India the average salary of chartered accountant ranges from 6-7 lakhs to 30 lakhs. There are many career opportunities to the chartered accountant when compared to any other profession. The chartered accountant can get jobs in many private and public sectors.
Job Areas for CA
The CA can get a job in both public and private sectors and they can get job in fields of
- Law Firms (LL.B. Degree will be useful)
- Finance Companies
- CA Firms
- Banking and Insurance Sector (Government and Private)
- Corporate Houses (Planning and Budgeting team)
- Income Tax Department
- Tax Advisory Firms
- Auditing Firms
- Stock Broking Firms
- Investment Banking Firms
- Asset Management Firms
So, this is all about Chartered accountancy course details. If you have any questions regarding this post, please drop comment in below comment box, we will reply as early as possible. Stay connects with our site for more recent updates. Thank you for visiting our site team @ www.universitynews.in