Are you searching for Company Secretary course details? Want to pursue Company Secretary course? Looking to get details of eligibility, duration, fees etc. to become company secretary? if your answers to these questions are yes, then this article suits you. Here in this blog we are providing info on Company Secretary course details. Follow this post to acquire the details of CS course.
Company Secretary is also known as CS or Corporate Secretary or Secretary. CS is one of the best challenging profession. Becoming Company Secretary is a respectable and best profession to gain more money. CS is the toughest course just like CA and CMA. Cracking CS course will give you a name and fame. This job offers prestigious position and gives job satisfaction. The role of Company Secretary is important in all corporate companies.
- About Company Secretary
- Company Secretary Course Details
- CS Course Exams
- Company Secretary Course Eligibility
- Duration of CS Course
- CS Course Fee Structure
- CS Course Examination Details
- CS Course Papers
- CS Foundation Papers
- CS Executive Papers
- Module 1 Papers
- Module 2 Papers
- CS Professional Papers
- Module 1 Papers
- Module 2 Papers
- Module 3 Papers
- Company Secretary Career
- Job Roles of CS
- Employment Area of Company Secretary
About Company Secretary
A company secretary is one of the top position in private or corporate companies. In American and Canadian countries a company secretary is known as Corporate Secretary or Secretary. The CS profession is the highest paid job in any corporate or private sector. A company secretary role is important because a CS deals with many legal activities of a company. The main role of the CS is to protect the company from any tax related threats and to handle legal aspects of the firm. The CS also make sure that whether the firm is managed correctly according to the law.
Company Secretary Course Details
A CS course is one of the professional course. This is one of the toughest course to crack just like CA and CMA. In order to become a CS one should become an associate member of ICSI. To become an associate ember of ICSI the candidate should complete certified CS course by passing 3 stages of CS course. So, here you can find the CS course details like eligibility, fees, duration, exams and many more.
CS Course Exams
The Company Secretary course is a certificate type course and there are 3 stages to completes the course. In order to become a CS one should clear 3 stages of exam along with management training conducted by companies.
The 3 stages of CA exam are
So, candidates should complete the above mentioned exams in order to become a professional Company Secretary.
Company Secretary Course Eligibility
As this is a 3 level course the eligibility is different for different level. So, we are here mentioning eligibility criteria for 3 levels.
- To join in Foundation course the student should complete 10+2 of stream arts, sciences and commerce.
- The eligibility to pursue Executive level is the student should complete foundation course or the candidate who completes graduation of any stream except fine arts can also apply for executive program.
- The minimum criteria to pursue professional course is the student should complete executive level of CS course.
Duration of CS Course
The duration to complete company secretary course is 3 years just like any other UG course. The duration to complete each level is different for different stages. The are mentioned below.
- The time duration to complete foundation course is 8 months.
- The duration to complete executive level is 9 months.
- The last and final level professional course takes 15 months to complete.
CS Course Fee Structure
The fee is different for different levels of CS course. The fee details of 3 levels of Company Secretary course is tabulated below.
|CS Executive||Rs.9000/- for Commerce Graduates|
|Rs 12,500/- for CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA|
|Rs 10,000/- for Non Commerce Students|
|Rs 8,500/- for CS Foundation passed students|
CS Course Examination Details
The Company Secretary course is a 3 level course and can be completed in 3 years. The CS course is provided by ICSI(Institute of Company Secretaries of India). The ICSI conducts CS course exams twice a year in months of June and December. The Institute conducts Company Secretaries exam in both English and Hindi medium. The examination fee is different for different levels. The details of examination fee are mentioned below.
- The examination fee for Foundation Programme is Rs. 1200/-
- The exam fees for Executive Programme is Rs. 1200/- per Module
- The exam fee for Professional Programme is Rs. 1200/- per Module
CS Course Papers
The Company Secretary course is a 3 level course and there are many papers for each level. The details are mentioned below.
CS Foundation Papers
There are 4 papers for foundation course. They are mentioned below.
- Paper 1 : Business Environment and Law
- Paper 2 : Business Management, Ethics & Entrepreneurship
- Paper 3 : Business Economics
- Paper 4 : Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
CS Executive Papers
There are 2 modules for CS executive course and each module consists of 4 papers. So, in total there are 8 papers for executive course.
Module 1 Papers
- Paper 1 : Jurisprudence, Interpretation & General Laws
- Paper 2 : Company Law
- Paper 3 : Setting up of Business Entities & Closure
- Paper 4 : Tax Laws
Module 2 Papers
- Paper 5 : Corporate & Management Accounting
- Paper 6 : Securities Laws & Capital Markets
- Paper 7 : Economic, Business & Commercial Laws
- Paper 8 : Financial & Strategic Management
CS Professional Papers
There are 9 papers in professional course which are divided in to 3 modules. The papers are listed below.
Module 1 Papers
- Paper 1 : Governance, Risk Management, Compliances and Ethics
- Paper 2 : Advanced Tax Laws
- Paper 3 : Drafting, Pleadings and Appearances
Module 2 Papers
- Paper 4 : Secretarial Audit
- Paper 5 : Corporate Restructuring
- Paper 6 : Resolution of Corporate Disputes
Module 3 Papers
- Paper 7 : Corporate Funding & Listings in Stock Exchanges
- Paper 8 : Multidisciplinary Case Studies
- Paper 9 : Elective Paper (Student Should choose 1 paper among 8 papers)
- 9.1 : Banking Law and Practice
- 9.2 : Insurance Law and Practice
- 9.3 : Intellectual Property Rights – Laws and Practices
- 9.4 : Forensics Audit
- 9.5 : Direct Tax Law & Practice
- 9.6 : Labor Laws & Practice
- 9.7 : Valuations & Business Modelling
- 9.8 : Insolvency – Law & Practice
Company Secretary Career
The CS is one of the professional job and there are excellent career options. There are many top companies recruiting CS candidates in various job roles. The salary offered to Company Secretary is high when compare to any other profession. The starting salary of a CS professional ranges from Rs. 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs per year.
Job Roles of CS
- Principal Secretary
- Corporate Planner
- Legal Advisor
- Corporate Policymaker
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Managing Director
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Secretary
- Investor Capital Market Relations
- Assistance to the Board of Directors
- Company Registrar
- Contents Coordinator
Employment Area of Company Secretary
- Private Firms
- Public Firms
- Corporate Companies
- Stock Exchanges
- Financial Institutions
- Company Law Boards
- Department of Company Affairs
This is all about Company Secretary course details. If you have any queries regarding this post, please do comment in below comment section, we will update as early as possible. Stay connects with our site for more recent updates. Follow our site team @ www.universitynews.in